- Advocating & Researching for Anti-Hunger Policies
- Increasing Access to Food & Benefits
- Benefits Access Program
- Child Nutrition Program
- Farm Fresh Food Access Program
- Hunger-Free Communities Program
- Assisting Soup Kitchens & Food Pantries
- AmeriCorps Service Programs
You are here
Child Nutrition, Summer Outreach
For the one in five New York City children living in homes that cannot afford enough food, school meals are often the only opportunity for a child to receive a balanced meal. However, the opportunity to receive a nutritious meal should be available all year, not just when a child is in school.
NYCCAH is actively engaged in outreach to existing summer meal sites to make sure members of the community are aware of their existence and increase the utilization of these sites. We also work to bring on line more sites in neighborhoods found to have a high demand for summer feeding programs.