- Advocating & Researching for Anti-Hunger Policies
- Increasing Access to Food & Benefits
- Benefits Access Program
- Child Nutrition Program
- Farm Fresh Food Access Program
- Nutrition Outreach and Education Program (NOEP)
- Assisting Soup Kitchens & Food Pantries
- Support Food Secure NYC 2018
- AmeriCorps Service Programs
You are here
Advocating & Researching for Anti-Hunger Policies
History proves that the single most effective way to reduce hunger and the poverty that is the main cause of hunger are to enact economic and public polices that create living wages jobs and ensure an adequate government nutrition safety net. That is why a top priority of our organization is to build a grass roots anti-poverty movement necessary to convince our political and businesses leaders to enact innovative solutions to help society move "beyond soup kitchens" to ensure economic and food self-sufficiency for all.
To achieve those goals, we: organize Food Action Boards to recruit and train low-income New Yorkers to speak out on their own behalf, lead an Interfaith Voices Against Hunger Initiative to engage religious and civil leaders in policy advocacy; conduct innovative research, policy development, and communications work, and directly lobby top elected and appointed officials.